Postdoc position available at the Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic
Postdoc position available at the Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic.
Research project focus:
In the framework of the project, optical fibers will be studied with respect to one or more of of selected areas: hybrid free-space optics/fiber networks, analogue signal transmission for radio-over-fiber systems and last but not least photonic crystal fibers for ultra-stable lasers and nonlinear applications. Analyses, simulation and especially experimental verification will be performed to determine optimal solution for specific fiber system development. Knowledge of simulation tools (COMSOL, Zemax) is an advantage. Practical experience with fiber tapering, lensed fibers, specialty optical fiber and their splicing will be great.
Requirements for postdocs:
1. A PhD awarded after Nov. 19, 2010.
2. At least 2 journal papers published between Nov 20, 2014 and Nov 20, 2017 registered in WoS, Scopus or ERIH databases.
3. Research job or PhD study outside the Czech Republic for at least 2 years in the period between Nov 20, 2014 and Nov 20, 2017.
Selected topics for Postdoc position:
1. Specialty optical fibers, modified structures, coupling aspects, solid-coupling for various applications.
2. Optical fibers for hybrid networks (FSO+fiber, VLC+fiber), coupler design, WDMs, lensed fibers for specific experiments.
3. Microwave photonics based on hollow-core and other specialty optical fibers.
Deadline for application: April 6th, 2018
Feel free to contact me for further information.
Czech Technical University in Prague
Faculty of Electrical Engineering